My Altered Pencil Case (JDT Project)

1:00 PM

Hey Ladies, it’s me, Jordan. This is my second Junior Design Team project.  My sister is an avid horse lover!  She has been on a horse kick for years.  She buys books on horses, watches shows on horses, buys equipment for horses…we have even driven…out of town…long distance I tell you…to see one of her idols…Clinton Anderson.  Did I mention she loves horses?  She is the inspiration for this project.
I have altered a standard pencil case.  It has a sliding body and a snap lid.  I used wrapping paper remnants from a gift shop that went out of business in my hometown.  I also used some natural colored thin twine I had on hand to make a lasso.  The rest of the embellishments were 3-D stickers that were from earlier projects.  I used Glossy Accents to cover my case with the paper and then wrapped it like a present – thanks for all that experience from Christmas past Mom!  Then I traced the lid for the inside sliding case and glued that in place.  Then the fun part…deciding how to embellish.  I had some fun cacti stickers and covered wagons, but in keeping with the color scheme and the bronco, I chose to go with the cowboy hat, boots and homemade lasso.  I topped it all off with the skull of the bull…craneo de la toro!  I think it adds something to it.  Anyway, I hope you like it!
By the way, the money my sister has spent on horse stuff…has to already be in the thousands, right?  Did I mention we don’t even have any horses?  Let me know if you want to send money to the “Help Me Save My Sanity And Get My Sister A Horse Fund.”  Address To Follow.  At the very least, remember her in your prayers.
Altered Pencil Case Before

Altered Pencil Case Work In Progress

Altered Pencil Case Finished Product

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images